Docker is the developer-friendly container technology that enables a creation of your application stack: OS, JVM, app server, app, database, and all your custom configuration. So you are a Java developer but how comfortable are you and your team taking Docker from development to production?
Docker provides PODA (Package Once Deploy Anywhere) and complements WORA (Write Once Run Anywhere) provided by Java. It also helps you reduce the impedance mismatch between dev, test, and production environment and simplifies Java application deployment.
This workshop/session explains how to package, deploy, and scale Java applications using Docker.
- Docker 101.
- Running first Java application with Docker.
- Package your Java application with Docker.
- Sharing your Java application using Docker Hub.
- Package your Java application as multi-container applications.
- Deploy your Java application using Maven.
- Kubernetes 101.
- Deploy your Java application using Kubernetes.
- Develop/deploy your application using NetBeans, Eclipse, and IntelliJ.